Disturbing rise of the NILFS: Men ‘not in the labor force’

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Disturbing rise of the NILFS: Men ‘not in the labor force’

https://nypost.com/2022/11/02/disturbing-rise-of-the-nilfs-men-not-in-the-labor-force/

Count me as one of the NILFs. My reason is refusal to be a tax slave to fund all the irresponsible and corrupt spending of government at every level. Nearly every decision is my life is one of tax slavery avoidance. Things like this $1.7T spending bill used to bother me. But since there is no way in hell I'm paying for, who cares? This spending of money government doesn't have and can never get can only accelerate the collapse of the current politcal order which to me is a good thing in the long run.

I avoid living in cities and states with income tax. I live and do work part of the year outside the country to avoid high federal income tax brackets. I have become a do-it-your-selfer because government has not yet figured out how to tax my work when I remodel my home, repair my old car, etc... I avoid holding US dollars because the government can't tax more and can only print money.

So how did we get here? Back in the good-old-days, we had the patriarchy. Women had no choice about work, education, marriage or children, men made the decions for women. Fathers would ensure that the man that had sex with their daughters would provide for her and their offspring. Keeping women from education and work opprotunities meant the would have large families and stay home to take care of them. Men that married were assured that the children they provided for were their own. But of course this was enslaving for many women and it need to end. But replaced with what?

Since women got the right to vote, the system imposed upon us have the government provide more and more for women and children at taxpayer expense. The result is more single motherhood, deadbeat dads, normalization of divorce, grandparents taking care of children instead of enjoying their golden years, neglected children. And of course ever increasing taxation to force men to pay for other men's offspring, which is completely irrational and unsustainable. It seems the pendulum has swung the other way and now men are being forced to be slaves of the current social order. So a lot of men just give up or go their own way. I applaud them.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Stop it with your "taxes

Stop it with your "taxes are robbery" whining. 

If you want things like police, fire department, public roads, military, social security, medicare, taxes pay for those things. 

Taxing billionaires like Jeff Bezos won't make him broke. The people that need afordable living and tax breaks are the middle and working classes. NOT BILLIONAIRES. 

The only arguement to be had about taxes are how much to tax, who to tax, and what to spend the taxes on. But taxes will always happen in a civil society with checks and balances in a free democratic republic. QUIT YOUR BITCHING!

And fuck your mysogynistic patriarchal bullshit. 

You sound like you want to be a member of the Taliban. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Stop it with

Brian37 wrote:

Stop it with your "taxes are robbery" whining. 

If you want things like police, fire department, public roads, military, social security, medicare, taxes pay for those things. 

Taxing billionaires like Jeff Bezos won't make him broke. The people that need afordable living and tax breaks are the middle and working classes. NOT BILLIONAIRES. 

The only arguement to be had about taxes are how much to tax, who to tax, and what to spend the taxes on. But taxes will always happen in a civil society with checks and balances in a free democratic republic. QUIT YOUR BITCHING!

And fuck your mysogynistic patriarchal bullshit. 

You sound like you want to be a member of the Taliban. 

Complete strawman. I even said in my argument that the old partriarchy was bas because it didn't give women freedom. But the current system of where we leftist encourages women to be single moms because the government pays all their bill is just as bad. How is that not enslaving working men so women can have all the babies they please with deadbeats?

You are a complete liar. There is no libertarian person opposed to paying for the things they need and use. You are the fucking freeloader and freeloader enabler.   But you BS tax enslavement society where you punish men for working and reward deadbeats is enivitable going to collapse. That is why governments must print trillions of dollars and borrow trillions because more and more men and some women figure out that being a tax slave sucks.

What is your brilliant solution then to get all these men to join the labor force to pay for all the debt Democrats have run up and to pay for the bills for single motherhood cause their deadbeat man can't or won't pay the bills? Just call them mysogynists cause they don't want to work for the benefit of others which is slavery. You have no rational response because you are product of failed tax funded education and leftist political indoctrination.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 "Taxing billionaires like

"Taxing billionaires like Jeff Bezos won't make him broke. The people that need afordable living and tax breaks are the middle and working classes. NOT BILLIONAIRES. "

How do you propose to tax Bezos? He's unemployed. His income is lower than yours. Bezos actually never had a high income, he peaked at a little over $80k/year. Do whatever you want with the income tax, it won't impact Bezos. Hell, he could probably file this year and get the Earned Income Tax Credit if he thought it was worth the time to get some free government money. According to the US government, Bezos is impoverished with an income below the poverty line.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 The mainstream media is

The mainstream media is finally getting around to covering this, 30 years after it started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CBDv8tNTFo

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/labor-force-why-have-so-many-american-men-left/

It goes against basic biology that men are going to work in a society that takes nearly all the fruits of their labor and gives it to other people, especially other men's children. Or gives it to corporate welfare recipients or to make capitalists richer.