Defund the Police

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Defund the Police

Defund the police.  I do agree with the radical left on this one. Why should people be forced to pay taxes for a police force they hate if they want instead to give their money to charity to reduce crime? And doesn't letting people spend as the please create jobs which would keep people from resorting to crime out of economic need.

We see now with the ridiculous police response in Uvalde vs. the armed citizen in Indianapolis why this is necessary. Being a responsible citizen should not mean paying a huge fine for working hard(aka income tax). It should just be automatically the responsibily of every citizen to stop crime and destructive behaviors whenever they see it. Criminals should pay 100% the cost their incarceration, not law abiding citizens. All the time when you drive, you'll see idiots creating danger so long as they believe no police is around. This danger is far worse than your risk from a mass shooting, but the media/political complex makes you believe otherwise.

The paid police are no more likely to be there than average citizens when the shit hits the fan. We see this all the time happen during natural disasters like Katrina or the George Floyd riots. Stop believing you are buying anything but your enslavement from taxes. This is total BS indoctination program as bad as you can't live without god.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Defund the

EXC wrote:

Defund the police.  I do agree with the radical left on this one. Why should people be forced to pay taxes for a police force they hate if they want instead to give their money to charity to reduce crime? And doesn't letting people spend as the please create jobs which would keep people from resorting to crime out of economic need.

We see now with the ridiculous police response in Uvalde vs. the armed citizen in Indianapolis why this is necessary. Being a responsible citizen should not mean paying a huge fine for working hard(aka income tax). It should just be automatically the responsibily of every citizen to stop crime and destructive behaviors whenever they see it. Criminals should pay 100% the cost their incarceration, not law abiding citizens. All the time when you drive, you'll see idiots creating danger so long as they believe no police is around. This danger is far worse than your risk from a mass shooting, but the media/political complex makes you believe otherwise.

The paid police are no more likely to be there than average citizens when the shit hits the fan. We see this all the time happen during natural disasters like Katrina or the George Floyd riots. Stop believing you are buying anything but your enslavement from taxes. This is total BS indoctination program as bad as you can't live without god.

There is no majority of the left that anyone could call "radical".  I am sick of people using that slur. This comes from people who cannot understand that pointing out inequities exist in how interactions between police and minorites vs how white people are treated on average in a similar interactions.

Secondly, minority zip codes do not want no police, they simply want abuse to stop. I wish our left had never coined that term or that it for some reason became popular. But again, that is not a matter of really wanting no police, but defunding a climate where the training or dispatch of police is overreach and not appropriate for all situations. I don't like the current climate nationally how police are trained to fear the public in any zip code. I do not like how they are trained to dominate like authoritiarians. BUT UNFORTUNATELY, beause there are sickos who think that a flooded market of firearms will cure everything, police have to be trained to fear the public. 

It is YOUR missunderstanding of that term. I would only say it is bad messaging, but not bad intent. 

And please stop it with taxes being robbery. Taxes will always exist. Chasing a taxeless utopia is patently absurd. I do not know how many times I can tell you that. I have reapeatedly said over and over that the only thing to be argued over taxes is how much to tax, what to tax, whom to tax, and what to spend it on. But taxes will always exist. 

And do not abuse Uvalde in this. Nobody is arguing the protocal was perfect. The police DID fuck that up. And you are so damned predictable. You brought up the civilian in the mall. BULLSHIT!

You remember the couple that were Cliven Bundy fans? You remember who Cliven Bundy was? Cliven was the asshole who hated government and thought he was above the law other ranchers thought he was nuts. He wanted free use of federal land to graze his livestock. Well a couple who were fans and followed him in the news and social media, decided he was right, and decided to MURDER TWO ARMED COPS, in a restaurant. Ambushed them and splattered them point blank. 

Then the couple went across the street into a Walmart. A doo gooder well intened civilian with a permit, not even store security, decided he was going to try to play hero. But he made a huge fatal mistake, he either did not notice the woman, or didn't see her as a threat. He foced on the man, and because of that, he passed her and that allowed her to BLOW IS FUCKING BRAINS OUT. So what good did that gun do that civilain? 

Now when you say that civilians can and do defend themselves successfuly, and bring up the mall as evidence, it is still not the norm. 

Arm more and sell  more DOES NOT WORK. Taking a rare example and falsely assuming that can create a perfect utopia in firearm use is not only delusional, but dangerous at that. In situations like that the outcome is far more likely to get them hurt or killed. If you think 400 good guys with badges cant handle it, and they are trained for it, then what makes you think just because this one guy got lucky, that means everyone carrying will always be successful like he was? That is selection bias and sample rate error on your part. 

And the other problem with letting everyone carry and display in public, is when police show up, or even other civilians show up armed, how is anyone going to know whom the real killer is? Remember the Dallas police masacre? 9 police officers were slaughtered by a killer with a high powered long gun. It took the surviving officers HOURS to finally corner the killer. Why? BECUASE THERE WAS  A TINY PENIS PROTEST OF RAMBO WANNABES CARRING SPRAY WEAPONS. The police had to waste their time checking them and that delayed their finally cornering the killer. 

There is only one sure way to greatly reduce firearm violence, but gun cult worshipers whom have been brainwashed by the industry and NRA are scared selfish self entitled brats, and dangerous brats at that, throw fits when other people, INCLUDING THE REAL RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERS, say we cant continue to arm more and sell more. The only way we are going to greatly reduce firearm violence IS TO STOP MAKING THEM LIKE CANDY AND HANDING THEM OUT LIKE CANDY.

And if you think most gun owners think like you, you would be wrong. Most gun owners want simple things like a universal national standard of a background check. Most people agree that nobody needs a weapon of war in civilian hands. And when the state of Texas when full fascist nuts when the Governor signed a NO REQUIREMENT at all law for carrying, the police unions begged the congress and Governor not to do it. 

We need police, and to argue we do not is sick. To assume blacks don't want police, also sick. To claim a taxeless society is possible, also sick. But espically to claim more guns makes us safer, is evil and delusional. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:And please

Brian37 wrote:

And please stop it with taxes being robbery. Taxes will always exist. Chasing a taxeless utopia is patently absurd. I do not know how many times I can tell you that. I have reapeatedly said over and over that the only thing to be argued over taxes is how much to tax, what to tax, whom to tax, and what to spend it on. But taxes will always exist. 

Same was said of chattel slavery before the civil war. Same is said, that religion will always exist. Times can change. 

Religion, violence and taxation all spring from the same imperative so many have to dominate and control others.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Brian37 wrote:And

EXC wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Same was said of chattel slavery before the civil war. Same is said, that religion will always exist. Times can change. 

Religion, violence and taxation all spring from the same imperative so many have to dominate and control others.

You really are one delusional dystopian mess. Nope sorry, religion will always exist to greater or lesser degrees, violence unfortunately also will exist to greater or lesser degrees. AND FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME, TAXES WILL ALWAYS EXIST!

There will never be a global planet where social structures won't form. Humans have always formed groups, and will always form groups. The only way to prevent tyranny is to value common law, and oversight of power and consent of the governed. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:EXC

Brian37 wrote:

EXC wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

You really are one delusional dystopian mess. Nope sorry, religion will always exist to greater or lesser degrees, violence unfortunately also will exist to greater or lesser degrees. AND FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME, TAXES WILL ALWAYS EXIST!

There will never be a global planet where social structures won't form. Humans have always formed groups, and will always form groups. The only way to prevent tyranny is to value common law, and oversight of power and consent of the governed. 

So because violence, religion and taxes will always exist, we should just accept them and do nothing? 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Never said that so don't

Never said that so don't go there.

I said you will never get rid of either completely. Common law and consent of the governed and VOTING and oversight and independent branches of government allow for the containment of any aspect of society, public, private and religious from going off the rails.

I want taxes, I want billionaires like Bezos and Musk to pay more, and I will laugh in your face if you claim they can't afford to pay more. I will laugh in your face if you claim that 55 Fortune 500 companies cannot afford to pay any federal taxes at all. 

The only thing that can be argued about taxes are how much to tax, who /what to tax, and what to spend the money on. I'd say right now billionaires can pay down the national debt by paying more in taxes. 

And there are now 8 billion humans on this planet, there will always be some level of religion. I never said we should not keep it on a leash or get more people to think for themselves instead of relying on old mythology, but again, we do not live in a perfect world.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 "I want taxes, I want

"I want taxes, I want billionaires like Bezos and Musk to pay more, and I will laugh in your face if you claim they can't afford to pay more. I will laugh in your face if you claim that 55 Fortune 500 companies cannot afford to pay any federal taxes at all. "

Yes, I know you love violence and theft, as long as you aren't the one getting your hands dirty. You delight in the perception that "the enemy" is somehow being harmed. Hate to break it to you, taxes are never paid by corporations. Whatever tax you contrive, it will always be paid by the consumer. Always. Corporations either make a profit, or they cease existing.

"The only thing that can be argued about taxes are how much to tax, who /what to tax, and what to spend the money on. I'd say right now billionaires can pay down the national debt by paying more in taxes. "

Yes, and $0 taxes and "nothing" are how much should be taxed and what it should be spent on. If the government has such great ideas for spending, let it fundraise and get money voluntarily. Heck, I've seen money raised for really bad ideas.

Suppose that you taxed the billionaires and paid down the national debt - who do you imagine would be the ones getting paid? Who do you think the government owes? Amazon has some $44 billion in cash on hand, do you think they are storing it in mattresses? No, they hold Treasury bills or have it in money markets that hold Treasury bills. When the government pays it's debt, it is paying billionaires and multi-billion corporations.Not you.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I want taxes,

Brian37 wrote:

I want taxes, I want billionaires like Bezos and Musk to pay more, and I will laugh in your face if you claim they can't afford to pay more. I will laugh in your face if you claim that 55 Fortune 500 companies cannot afford to pay any federal taxes at all. 

So if Bezos and Musk keep their wealth and invest in a new business, isn't that giving jobs to people that would never otherwise have. Isn't that provinding a product and service people want? What is wrong with that.

Suppose they spend their untaxed wealth on mansions and yachats, are there not a lot of blue collar contrution and manufacturing people getting a good job to support their familes? So what is the problem?

You want to pay people to not work or be productive. 

The problem with the rich is monopolization of resources and wealth. For example, the rich buy up a lot of land, making it impossible to build affordable housing. So 'tax' this excess consumption as a user fee, don't tax them for creating jobs for the middle class to pay off voters that don't want to work.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Kock it off, I am so sick

Kock it off, I am so sick of this bullshit. They are not hurting, they will never be hurting. They could get taxed half their wealth and they still would be mutli billionaires. 

This is a longwinded hollow soliloquy full of the stench of cold war propaganda, which is as useful as an inflamed apendex. 

1. NOBODY wants to end the private sector.

2. THEY CAN AFFORD TO PAY MORE IN TAXES

3. REREAD UNTIL YOU PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS. 

4. Reagan was wrong.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Kock it off, I am so sick

Kock it off, I am so sick of this bullshit. They are not hurting, they will never be hurting. They could get taxed half their wealth and they still would be mutli billionaires. 

This is a longwinded hollow soliloquy full of the stench of cold war propaganda, which is as useful as an inflamed apendex. 

1. NOBODY wants to end the private sector.

2. THEY CAN AFFORD TO PAY MORE IN TAXES

3. REREAD UNTIL YOU PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS. 

4. Reagan was wrong.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
You are creating a culture

You are creating a culture of theft by saying that whomever has money must give it to those that don't no matter the reason why some people have more than others. This can only lead to societal collapse.